Our Top Packing Tips For Moving House
Here at Jonills Removals and Storage, moving home is our passion! Today, we wanted to share with you our top tips for packing up your home ahead of a house move.
▪ Declutter- You wouldn’t want to pay to move items you wouldn’t want in your new house. So why not have a declutter of your house. Take these items to car boots sales, eBay or even on Facebook marketplace and make some cash.
▪ Start With The Rooms You Least Need- Pack seasonal items for instance gardening tools or Christmas decorations and items you don’t use on daily basis.
▪ Pack One Room At A Time- This will help you stay organised and mean that all items get packed by focussing on one room at a time... if you are getting your own boxes please no banana shallow type boxes with no lids this makes our job harder for loading the van
▪ Label Your Boxes- Write the contents of each box on the top of the box. also by writing on the side of the box means you will still be able to see what’s in the box if they are stacked up. It is also advisable to use a different colour for each room.
▪ Bubble Wrap or white paper Anything Breakable- This may seem like an obvious one, but it is important to bubble wrap any breakable items i.e kitchen crockery, vases, decorations. Bubble wrap keeps these items safe in transit,and of course start with the heavier items at the bottom of the box and fill up to the top so completely full and tape down the tops.... this means they will not squash down when stacked
▪ Fill The Gaps- Use old newspapers, packing papers or towels to fill any gaps in the boxes. This should further secure your items, so they arrive safely.
▪ Don’t Overload Boxes- Moving heavy boxes can cause injuries. Avoid any injuries by packing light items in large boxes and heavy items is smaller boxes. This packing tip alone will save you a great deal of pain!
▪ Pack A Box Of Essentials- This can be filled with any items you will need on the day of moving. This can include a change of clothes, medicines, a set of cutlery and plates and most importantly the kettle and mugs !
Above all we recommend you stay organised and pack early. It takes time to pack all your items and dependent on the size of the house and number of items you have it can mean it takes longer than expected.
Alternatively, we offer a full packing service. Including packing material, we can pack your entire house up. Let our expert team take the stress out of packing. Find out more here:
Contact us today to find out more about our house moving services.
Call us on 01159 602 092 or email email@example.com